Friday, December 4, 2009

Anxious and Inspired

So here I am.

My first blog and I gotta tell ya' I'm nervous. You see, I pride myself in keeping it all together and the truth is I'm terrified of being uncovered.

Me! Blogging! Well what can I say...it's been on my mind...I've been encouraged...I'm doing it.

This week, I'm fresh from my Thanksgiving with family, midterms at grad school and another week of work. Scratch that - new rule...the first blog will not contain any negative mentions of work. (((OK..done))) I've gotta say that I am renewed, refreshed and reflective.

This year has been good to me and I am truly thankful. I made new friends. I reconnected with old friends. I started grad school and have amazing encouragement from the family. The j.o.b. is still in tact. I fell in love with an amazing soul and walked away with lessons on self love, honor and respect...(future blog - i pinky promise...) I also fell in love my hair and again with myself. Through it all, the complaining and the tears, my life is truly extraordinary.

I am simple island girl from a blessed family of strong people. I am #2 of 5; four ladies and one king. We have two special needs siblings among the clan. We're not the richest folks, but proud as they come.

So as much as I have plenty I'd like to pour into my first blog, I'll stop here and recycle my Thankful note from my Facebook page as first blog part duex. It was therapudeic to say the least. It took me two weeks to complete it and truly does say everything I want to say at this point.

Walk with me. I trust that this new experience will take us to orgasmic levels of joy!

Spreading light all over this journey -
ILANDGUL


Image Citation: "Mi Amore" by Frank Morrison

2 comments:

  1. hey, there!!! glad to see a fellow caribbean gyal blogging! am looking forward to reading your posts!

    Greetings from Belize,
    Dajewel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not know you started your own blog...that's great.

    ReplyDelete