Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Towards A Resolution...Smelling Rain

It's been a while since I posted. I felt the need to post, but wasn't sure what to write. I guess I'm already having bloggers block...Lol. So, I guess I'll just write what I've been up to.

First things first - check out my tutorial for Black Girls with Long Hair; http://bglhonline.com/2009/12/monifa-tutorial/. I had fun with this interview. I enjoy inspiring and encouraging others to embrace their natural selves. Note to self - must start monthly natural health and hair blog. I am so inspired by the growing online natural hair support system. I patronize a natural hair salon every month and quite honestly - the online communinity is pulling ahead.

I finally saw Disney's Princess and the Frog. After waiting months (maybe all my life) for this movie, I have to say - Good job Disney! I liked it a lot. I did however, think that the "shadow man" was a bit scary for small children, but there was just enough baffonery to not be totally offensive. Finally, little black girls have a princess of their own. Next time, we'll work on her not being a working class poor girl with gumbo dreams. Baby steps.

I'm heading back home for the holidays. I'm the only sibling that lives away from home, so my visits are always special (if I do say so myself*) However, this is my second trip home this year and my trips have been more interesting than usual. Have you ever had the feeling like something is a-brewing?...something is about to happen?...like you can smell the rain coming? I'm feeling like that and I gotta tell you, whatever it is....I plan to be ready for it.! Love and faith conquers all right? ... let the church say AMEN!

Finally, I believe I started my new year's resolutions early this year. Well maybe I was thrusted into it after enough insomnia to make me ill. With all the random thoughts swirling through my head, I hope to narrow down this year's resolution. More to follow...

Wishing you a blessed holiday season of celebrations of family, forgiveness, faith and of course love!!!

2 comments:

  1. you, my sistah, have inspired me in so many ways---your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!--and thsnk you for reminding me of FRANK MORRISON---i so love his work--i've included one of his pictures on my blog this morning--i will be saving all of his SOUL SISTAH collection to for future posts--love you for sharing this---remain blessed!!! FYI: stop by anytime to see me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello: Your hair is beautiful. I have discovered a new natural product line which does wonders for the hair. This is the only product line which carries the Liquid Gold for hair. The product line is called Chatto. You can find out about these healing hair and skin product lines at Chatto.com. I think you will be pleased.

    ReplyDelete